Friday, July 21, 2006

The Heat of the Day

Helloooo Children:
"In Baghdad there are a lot of blasts," I thought when I read the newspaper headlines this morning.

Dude, at work this guy Nabil (he is a close personal friend of the owner's, and he looks really crabby all the time, but it is just his demeanor; he is just a person of great gravity and dignity) was telling me about how he doesn't believe in Israel and how he is convinced that the Jews greatly exaggerated the Holocaust to get sympathy from the world so they could establish Israel, and also that the Jews are like the biggest terrorists ever, and I just listened gravely and when he was finished I said, "At my school, you'd get beat UP" (which is true. At Wash U they would kick his ASS), and he folded his hands and looked at me and said, "All this is true. It is the truth." and I did not know what to say to that so I just looked at him and went back to sweeping.

I use a lot of paper in my journey through life, I just realized, when I pulled all these random notes to myself from my purse. Usually they are thoughts that come to my head when I am high at work, so I quickly scribble them on the order pad and put them in my pocket to dwell upon them later.

At work this week it has been as hot as the fires of Hades, so Luis and Armando and I stand in front of the air-mover, which makes our aprons billow out like pilgrim skirts. When I get to work at 12:45 it is in the Heat of the Day, and my smoking spot is in direct sunlight (it is a small place of vegetation between the side of the building and the elevated trolley tracks). In the Old Testament they used to talk about the Heat of the Day. And then I emerge from the vegetation in a cloud of sweet Mexican smoke, and my eyes are red and jolly, and I put on my apron and go to work with a jolly spirit.

On Saturday it was horribly busy, and Luis and I were like innocent doves beset by wild wolves. "They are attacking us!" he said.

Dude, once at the Kissing Girls party, Betsy made her way through the house and let out Tasty in a drunken zeal, and all these excited broads were grabbing for Tasty and he was freaking OUT, so I picked him up and carried him through the great cloud of witnesses and put him back in Lauren and Janine's room. Also that was when there was physical discord between Lauren and Jen (but I did not see that, because I was probably smoking), and the next day I said to B-Scoot, "Girl, I heard your neck is tore UP." It is true.

Also, recently Saddam went on a hunger strike to protest the assassination of one of his lawyers, but he only skipped lunch, and then he was like, "Fuck this shit," and ate his evening meal as usual. Actually he loves junk food, like Doritos and Cheetos, and he also loves Raisin Bran Crunch, and he hates Froot Loops. It's true.

Once I was rummaging through the cupboards and I took out a box of Raisin Bran Crunch to see if it was vegan and my dad said, "That's Brother's favourite cereal" (Brother is my father's best friend, but he is not his brother, or even black for that matter), and I said, "It's also SADDAM'S favourite cereal," and my father did not know what to say to that.

When I was very young and religious (like 8), I used to get embarrassed spelling the word 'assassinate' because it had the word ASS in it TWICE.

Haha. This shit is crazy. I should troll the Internet for news and then go to bed. And it will be a peaceable rest.
~Sage
Genesis 18:1 - And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day

haaa, I KNEW there were verses about the Heat of the Day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home