Thursday, July 20, 2006

Whoa, the Horn of Africa

Whoa. I am quite high.

Yesterday Armando and I were like slaves during the Cold War. And then when our owners were finally out of sight, we aired our grievances so passionately that this one really pleasant and devout guy named Edgar who comes every day looked up from his Koran (he is of the African-American persuasion but wears a black Muslim cap and a suit and black sunglasses, and he likes to edify himself while he eats by reading the Koran, or other edifying and religious books).

My manager Selay decided she didn't want her grilled salmon fillet after all, and threw it into the trash. Armando looked horrified and protestful, because it was a waste of food for no reason. "Gurrrl, you just wasted a fish," I said to her.

"I have brought a cart full of great goods," I said to Mahmoud when I returned from my break and smoke, and he smiled at me. Sometimes he is a mystical Arab boss. Also he hates Homeland Security and the IRS because they like to make things difficult for him.

My co-worker Amina is, like, from the Horn of Africa.

There was this evil cat named Lewis on the news who was put under permanent house arrest because he liked to lurk about in the neighbourhood and attack people, and he had six long, curved claws on each paw, and he was full of cunning, and guile. If he gets out, the broad who owns him will be thrown into JAIL.

Upstairs at work, in this big warehouse room where they keep the styrofoam cups and containers and napkins and such, there are all these full-body fruit and vegetable costumes, like a tomato and a carrot and others, and I was afraid they would make me stand on the street corner and wear them while waving my arms, but fortunately Mazen is the only one who ever wears them, because he has no sense of shame, and also has a foolish cellphone ring.

Apparently in the Middle Ages and Renaissance, people weren't supposed to smile and show their teeth in portraits, because it was beastlike. Haaaa.

Most of the broads here are big hoochie mamas, and they like to sit out in the sun all day and get all crispy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home