Friday, July 21, 2006

Chronicles

Tonight when I came home from work, I found my mother sitting at the computer and wearing sunglasses, even though it was like 10 at night. "Mom, what are you doing?" I asked her, but she did not give me a very satisfactory answer. Actually, she very rarely gives satisfactory answers to questions.

My eyes are like drooping umbrellas.

In the Meat Department at work there are all these horrors, like whole fish with their eyes still on them, and bloody skinned goat's heads, so I try to avoid it. The two men who work there are jolly and voluptuous middle-aged Hispanic men, because those are qualities that befit a butcher (at least the jolly and voluptuous part).

Today Armando and Luis kept shaking their heads and saying, "Ohh, mucho trabajo," in lamentful voices, and it was true.

Haa, Ramin asked me, "So who's your favourite rapper?" and I said, "Whaaat?", and he was appalled that I did not listen to rap music, especially since I'm partially a black person. He said that if I listen to Ice Cube, it will change my life. He is from Afghanistan and he came here to the U.S. in 2001, and I was like, "Whoa, that's when we started bombing you guys," and he said, "No, that's when WE bombed YOU guys," and I said, "True, true." But I still cannot fathom that he is 17 and married and pot-headed and Muslim all at the same time. Also he secretly wears sandals to work without Mahmoud ever seeing his feet, which takes skill.

Dude, once online I saw this picture of all these elephants in Thailand who were dressed in special red and gold garb, and they were all sitting down in a field in front of this huge screen and they were watching an animated elephant movie with their keepers, who wore matching red and gold garb. It was crazy.
Also when elephants sit down for no reason, it apparently means that they are in great distress.



Dude, that is a crazy Siberian cat. Seriously.
I am trying to find out what kinds of animals they have in Siberia, besides Siberian tigers.
And that is all. Sage Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home