Friday, July 28, 2006

Human-Animal Hybrids

To the pure, all things are pure. (It is true).
Some plums are really pleasing.

Dude, you can't have a bank as your guardian.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14046911/
The court papers — which were sealed on Wednesday — seek to remove Anthony Marshall as legal guardian and replace him with Annette de la Renta, the wife of Oscar de la Renta, and J.P. Morgan Chase bank. I never heard of such a thing. Her son allegedly replaced her costly face creams with petroleum jelly. A French chef was fired, leaving her at the mercy of an "unmotivated cook" serving pureed peas, liver, carrots and oatmeal, court papers say. That is not even vegan.

Mahmoud's favourite cereal is Raisin Bran, and Saddam's is Raisin Bran Crunch. "We have a lot in common," said Mahmoud. He also told me that Saddam eats fish every day (and so does Mahmoud actually; he eats salmon at least once or twice every day, with rice and salad), or at least he did until his hunger strike. But apparently yesterday Saddam broke his hunger strike with some beef and rice and fruit and a Coca-Cola (which is not vegan).

Today Armando cut these cucumbers into fantastic shapes, and sprinkled them with lemon juice and paprika and salt, and we ate them noisily, and it was delicious and wholesome.

Fired ESPN analyst denies sexual harassment: 'I gave a woman a hug and I felt like it was misinterpreted,' Reynolds says

"Mmm-HMM," I said in my skeptical black-woman voice.

Saddam says he was forced into courtroom: Ex-Iraqi leader's first court appearance since hunger strike, hospitalization
BAGHDAD, Iraq - Saddam Hussein appeared in court Wednesday for the first time since his hunger strike and hospitalization, looking thinner and complaining that he had been brought to the chamber against his will. "Oh, Saddam," I sighed. He often gets pissed off in court, and interrupts people, and speaks out of turn, and sometimes has to be removed from the courtroom.

I saw a headline that said, "Raising Beast People: Science Blurring the Line Between Humans and Animals," and I was alarmed, because I remembered when Bush, in his State of the Union speech, talked about human-animal hybrids, and we were all like, "What the fuck?" so we jeered and threw objects at him. Also he talked about activist courts that attempt to redefine marriage, and we jeered even louder, and heaped him with scorn and ill will.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13989043/site/newsweek/
Dude, that is fucked up.


Dude, I do not appreciate the sight of all these guns, and weaponry. We need to expand our planned pot warehouses to put one in Russia, and one in Africa as well, and one in Saudi Arabia, and fill them with those who hold discord and violence in their hearts, and then we need to reform their patriarchal societies as well.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13991021/site/newsweek/

At the end of the school year, Tasty and I were brethren, and often we were pot-smoking religious recluses in my room, or beguines, or Benedictine friars, and once he was an anchorite in the pots-and-pans cupboard. But if Motor had lived during the medieval times, she would have been more of a religious groupie, and not a mystic or a beguine or an anchoress or a prophetic broad.

Also, this past semester I learned that the feminine form of brethren is sustren, and I was excited, because that was something I had often wondered, because often the masculine forms survive as norms in a patriarchal language, and the feminine ones do not, and I was glad that I now knew this great word. It fell out of use around the 1500's.

If I had lived in the medieval times, I would have been a historian or a chronicler, like the Venerable Bede. Or else I would have written religious works in the vernacular, or else worked in an alehouse.
And that is all.

~Sage

Titus 1:15 - Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
Haa, that was your Bible Verse of the Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home